Friday 2 October 2015

The Valley Velo 2015

The Valley Velo 2015

This was the first event I have filmed, come to that its the very first time filming anything.
Shooting mountain bike events as a photographer for a number of years, I decided to turn my hand to film.
Does this mean i have turned my back on photography? No, for me they both go hand in hand.

With the fundamentals of Videography burned into my mind and equipped with some basic film making equipment I ventured out to try and capture the Cycling Sportive event that covered a wide range of mountains around the R.C.T District .

Geared used 
Manfrotto    
Canon 7D
Canon 650D (which I filmed most of the event on)the touch screen facility makes it for me.
Canon 70-200 f.28 IS II
Tokina 11-16 wide 
Canon 18-135 stm 
and a  few high speed memory cards.
Edited in Adobe premier cs6

On the day  the 70-200 was my main choice along with the Tokina 11-16

The Epic route I would cover  56.3 miles and an elevation of 6836 ft

Start and finish point would be Dare Country Park in Aberdare.

Being a keen Cyclist myself and having a few mates riding that day, and with what can be described as a stunning day for putting the miles in on a bike, I was up with the birds and at the event ready to go.

Would I be able to capture as much of the course that i had planned ? 
And would I be able to tell a story with the short film?
Could I get the shots I wanted and enough footage to make this short.
All these things were going through my head as I headed out that morning..

The final result I'm happy with, for my first short film I learned a lot and with that knowledge I will take on my next one, and I guess that will be the case every time.

My Photography knowledge has played a major part in making this film.

I hope you enjoy.





                      

No comments:

Post a Comment